TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Scheduling1. Our office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. All schedule changes are made through the office. In order for us to guarantee a schedule change, i.e. skip service, to get service or add extra services you MUST call before 4:00 p.m. on the day prior to your regular service day. (If your lawn is serviced on Mondays you will need to call Friday before 4:00 p.m.). If the call is received to skip service the day of the service and the crew shows up at your lawn, you will be charged due to fuel and labor cost (we will take the weather into consideration).2. We run a 7 days rotation, meaning our crews are in the same area of town on the same day of the week, every week. If you call the day of service and the men have already passed your area, it may be difficult, if not impossible to back track to get it done. We can guarantee that it will be done the next week, weather permitting.3. If you are quoted a price for every 7 days on the Spring and Summer schedule and you choose to do a 14 day rotation, there will be an extra charge to cover the extra time and work as necessary.4. If you have been off schedule for an extended time and request to be put back on schedule, when necessary, there will be an extra charge to get your lawn back in maintenance condition. We will estimate these extra charges at your request.5. If we have heavy rains during the week, our schedules will most likely run ½ to 1 day behind. The crews continue to work until all possible yards are done. (We do NOT work on Sunday). Those that are not done will be rescheduled for your regular day the following week.6. If after a heavy rain, and you think that your yard is too wet to cut, please notify the office. This is a decision that the crew will not always make to your satisfaction. The same is true of drought conditions. If the crew has a ticket, the yard will be serviced. Please let the office know, in advance of service, that you do not want it done. We have tried making these determinations and have found that not everyone sees these conditions in the same way.7. We observe most national holidays and yards will be done a day earlier or later these weeks.
NOTE: If your beds are on schedule for deweed and/or clean and you have dead plants, the men will not remove the dead plants unless authorized by the office and that would be at your request.
- 1. We do not haul off bags unless special request. There may be an additional surcharge to dump these as the city will charge us. If bags are a problem, when possible, we will mulch your yard which will alleviate the bag problem.
- If you have a specific place you would like the bags placed, please call the office and let us know.
- Our regular service consists of Mow, Edge, Weedeat & Blow (MEW&B). We mulch all grass when possible.
- Debris from work not done by Lawn ReLeaf will be picked up and there will be an extra charge, i.e. tree/shrub trimmings, flower bed debris, raked leaves left in a pile, etc. If trimming, raking, deweeding is done by us, we bag the debris unless told otherwise for the beauty of your lawn.
- If there is seasonal debris or debris from weather, i.e. heavy leaf fall or downed limbs there is an extra charge for cleaning it up and bagging it, but this will only be done per customer request.
- If you request extra work by the foreman or crew, they will have full authority to charge extra for the service.
NOTE: The crew is not qualified to diagnose nor required to report any problem with your lawn. If you notice a potential problem, such as yellowing or brown spots, call the office and someone will come and determine the problem and the cure and estimate the cost.
- We expect full payment on invoices upon receipt.
- All accounts over 30 days will begin accruing a $25.00 per month late charge fee.
- All accounts over 30 days receive a notification letter. If there is no response, the account is continued delinquent to 45 days, service will be discontinued. We will not resume the yard until the full amount is paid. When service is restored, we will require a check at the time of each service or advance payment. We do accept all major credit cards.
- If your service is spotted for non or late payment, when service is resumed there will be an extra charge to get your lawn back in maintenance condition where necessary.
- 1. If your check is returned to us by your bank unpaid, there is a $25.00 returned check fee per check added to your account, which is what our bank charges us. We understand that mistakes happen so you will receive a courtesy call when we receive the returned check and a notification letter.
- 2. If there is no response and/or the returned check and fee is not paid with 10 days of notifications, charges will be filed.
- 3. If your check is returned to us for no signature, there is a $5.00 check fee added to your account.
- 4. If payment is not received within 30 days, a mechanical lien will be placed on the property and we will send the returned check to the valid authorities.
- We will be happy to repair or replace damaged or broken sprinkler heads for a small fee. Sprinkler equipment failure is not the responsibility of the lawn maintenance crew, i.e. pop-ups that don’t return to the property position are equipment failure. Equipment installed and working properly should never be damaged by lawn equipment. The customer will assume responsibility for sprinkler heads/system that are not installed properly and as a result are damaged by our equipment. Before Lawn ReLeaf will take responsibility a supervisor will inspect the damage and determine if the damage was caused by the crew’s carelessness or negligence. If so determined, Lawn ReLeaf will gladly assume responsibility.
- The customer must assume responsibility for any exposed wired, cables, electrical cables, etc. that are not installed properly and are cut or damaged by our equipment. If it is determined that damage was caused by the crew’s carelessness or negligence, Lawn ReLeaf will assume gladly responsibility.
- The customer must assume responsibility for foreign matter left on the lawn, i.e. toys, hoses, paper, etc.
- The customer must assume responsibility for containing pets on your property. Our crews will make every effort to make sure gates are closed but will not assume responsibility for your pets. Also, if there is a dog in the backyard on the scheduled service day and our crew feels threatened by the pet we will not mow the backyard.
- Finally, when our crew arrives at your property, please make sure all children and pets are inside so they are not exposed to any debris that may be thrown from the equipment.
50% down and the balance is due and payable when last listed specified labor, plant, and material is installed on drainage and landscaping installation.
NOTE: Landscape modifications may be necessary to maintain the aesthetics of the design. Only those changes deemed absolutely necessary will deviate from the originally proposed agreement, drawing, plan or listed plant(s) and/or material as specified.
CHANGE ORDERS AND CONTINGENCIES:
If any changes are requested by the owner during installation, such as an increase in plants or other materials, or for extra work to be done, not so described in the proposal or indicated on the submitted landscape plans, a line item charge will be added to the amount so described in the proposal which is fair and customary for such requested work. Any and all deviations from the above specifications involving extra costs will be executed only upon written order which will create an extra charge over and above the proposal. All elements of the agreement are contingent upon strikes, accidents, or delays beyond our control. The proposal does not include materials which may be required should unforeseen problems arise after the work has started.
PLANT AND WORKMANSHIP GUARANTEES:
Lawn ReLeaf, Inc. shall guarantee that all plant materials shall be delivered and installed in a healthy condition, being free of any form of pest infestations or fungi/bacterial infections. Should any plant(s) become unsightly or perish due to complications from any said problems, within 90 days of installation, (seasonal flower or sod guaranteed for 30 days) such plants shall be immediately replaced (subject to availability) with no cost of plant or labor being charged to the owner. This guarantee is contingent on the homeowner having and using an irrigation system as often as we deem necessary to the health of the plants or sod. However, if we are removing and transplanting some of your existing plants, please be advised; their survival depends on the size, age, and viability of the plant. There is no guarantee on transplanted plants. For warranty to be valid, an invoice must be paid according to specified terms and our care and watering instructions must be followed. Acts of God (i.e. lighting, storm, drought, freeze, etc.) or damage due to accidents (i.e. kids, dogs, etc.) or vandalism are not covered by this warranty. Warranty voided if plants are moved.
The customer must assume responsibility for any damage to an invisible fence, irrigation systems, television cable or electric lines to lamp posts, outdoor lighting, etc. Fees to repair any damage will be the responsibility of the customer. These lines can be marked by the contractor who installed them.
This service typically involves a nominal fee or is free from ArkUPS. Call them at 811 for a free marking of utilities. The customer is responsible for the fee and contacting the contractor. The cost of relocating lines will be the responsibility of the customer.
NOTE: Proposals may be withdrawn by us if not accepted within 30 days.